Sunday, January 4, 2009

The First Post.....

Well i now have a blog. Pretty cool huh? I figured it was about time. So I thought I'd start out with a lame little story which will explain the address to this site (joerickles.blogspot) When I was in high school I ran cross country. I had run a race and had gotten a medal, but when they called out my name in front of everyone, they call out, "10th place (or whatever number....10th sounds better than it probably was) Joseph Rickles!" The rest of the year my name was changed. It was now Rickles. I've never really figured out why the announcer decided to add an “le” in between the “k” and the “s”, but I’ve never lived it down (ask Larissa Bratt). Luckily in Tucson no one knows this story, and now for some reason I’m loading this up on my blog. Weird.



Anyway, while I’m on the whole high school cross country thing I thought I might add another other awesome story about my past running days. I’ll never forget the day that the announcer (this was at the Hopi Invitational I think) said over the loudspeaker, “Come on by the concussion stand and get some Gatorade.” I never found out what the concussion stand was, but I was not going over there.




Here's a picture of me and some people from the team my Senior Year of High School (Wow I was really little!) The one on hte second to the left is my little sister Mary Catherine







I still love running. Once you’re out of shape and try to start getting back in shape it’s horrible. Blah! I’m getting back in shape though. It’s one of my New Years resolutions that I’ll probably break in about a month from now.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of having your own blog! I'm excited cuz I think you're funny. :) Good luck on your New Years resolutions, by the way! You have some great ones!

    ReplyDelete