Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Microwaves=fun



The other day I was at my friends house and we decided to see what would happen if you microwaved a burning match (man i hope my mom never reads this). Check it out!!!






Did you see the huge burning explosion of awesomeness!!?? Later I began telling a few friends in my classes how fantastic it was. Severeal of them tried it ...oops. .....I really hope Tucson doesn't explode.



I don't think I was always a pyro. I think I first leaned how to burn things from my older brothers (meaning Paul) who discovered that you could burn holes through basketballs using really large magnifying glasses. Awesome. Well, sort of awesome, it was my basketball.




Anyway, this also was the brother that my parents had to hide the matches from in order to keep him from lighting everything in the house on fire including hairspray, GI-Joes, and um …the house. So while growing up I discovered you could explode other things too. Like those little water yo-yos. Yeah, you could hang them outside on the clothes line, pull out the matches (I knew where they were) and light them on fire. Talk about awesome!! You know, I think I learned about that from Paul too. . . .




So, I thoughtI had finally mellowed out, that I had finally overcome the urge to blow things up, and then I discovered the awesomeness of the microwave. You see, a microwave really doesn't use fire, it sort of superheats the air right? wrong, it blows things up too. Like a piece of pizza made out of marshmallows.




Or a bar of soap.





Well, once again i've given up on exploding things. I'll leave that to other people. My apartment complex, along with the rest of Tucson is safe.


My roomate hid the microwave.

4 comments:

  1. Well it's no wonder men live longer once they are married!!! Look what single guys do! (Although I swear there were girls laughing in the background. They only let you do that because they weren't married to you. Trust me. Once you become the only hope for progeny, they aren't so keen on crazy things.) You are hilarious, Joe. Seriously hilarious.

    ps. I'm so glad I'd married the other brother that is not PyroPaul. Even though I love Paul. In a completely platonic sense. Obviously. I'll shut my mouth now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! First I laughed at this post, then I laughed at Janae's comment... It's true. haha

    Um, what's a water yo-yo?

    and uh... can we light one on fire sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commenting out of spite doesn't count!

    and seriously, what's a water yo-yo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so this is quite funny. We used to nuke things like marshmallow peeps and bars of soap on the mission. Except we did it in other elders' apartments because of the stench. Have you ever nuked a cd or a dvd? Just for a second...sparkly.

    ReplyDelete